The Lincoln University Conference and Professional Development team runs on-site facilities to meet all your needs, from venue or accommodation to catering and more. Whether you are planning a teachers’ association meeting, sports event, seminar or conference we can help.
Our rural location – just 25 minutes from Christchurch International Airport – puts it in park-like surroundings. Whatever the season, the location is stunning. Wide rural vistas, leafy lanes and uninterrupted views to the Southern Alps. It also provides a gateway to the South. From here guests can easily access all the sights and activities of the South Island of New Zealand. For example, by air to Queenstown, Wanaka, Nelson, Dunedin. By road to skiing, whale watching, swimming with dolphins, walking and beaches.
Lincoln University has proven itself to be the ideal venue for a wide range of events from national sports tournaments to corporate conventions, industry gatherings, educational events, workshops, seminars and symposia.
The environment is designed to encourage and enhance the learning process with facilities that include computerised library systems, science and computer laboratories, classrooms, auditorium, lecture theatres and to stretch the body as well, a modern sports and recreation centre.
The Conference and Professional Development team also provides a link between the public and extensive resources and facilities at Lincoln University. They facilitate and organise a diverse range of educational services to encompass community and business education. They offer help with professional conference management, organising and running short courses, farm tours, organising educational development programmes for visiting overseas students, and rural leadership development programmes.
The Lincoln University can meet all your needs, from venue or accommodation to catering and more. Here your group will have access to an impressive range of facilities, including:
- 35 lecture theatres, some seating up to 330
- Individual accommodation on-campus for 500
- Main conference hall with seating for up to 1,000
- Catering services for up to 400 people per sitting
- Modern recreation centre with extensive facilities
- Childcare facilities
- Tennis and netball courts, rugby fields, access to the Burnham Military Camp’s ‘Krypton Factor’ confidence course, squash courts
- Travel Agency
- 11 computer laboratories
- ATM machine
- Photocopying/printing services
- Campus wide Wi-Fi.
- Golf courses, wineries and cafes are close by
- Two minutes down the road, Lincoln township also offers shops, banks, post office, churches, a supermarket, chemist, dentist, florist, physiotherapist, gift shops, hairdresser and a medical centre.
For further information, please contact Conference and Professional Development Manager, Faye McGill (email@example.com)